What is Thread Lift?
A thread lift does what it says: to lift and rejuvenate saggy cheeks, jaw, nose and neck area in a non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment. It is a procedure increasing in popularity as demand grows for skincare where less is becoming more.
Using 100% bio-compatible and bio-absorbable threads that consist of barbs to act as scaffolding, the technique lifts the sagging, soft tissues of one’s face to stimulate collagen production – replacing depleted facial volume in return.
What’s more, the result is almost immediate – giving customers a tighter, fresher and more natural-looking appearance right away that will get even better over time, with an optimal period of 9 to 18 months, depending on the chosen threads used, degree of one’s condition and desired result. Hailing this as a solution for many men and women avoids the commitment and healing time required for a facelift.
Where and how are Thread Lifts used?
On a sagging face, droopy cheek, jaw, neck and under eye – a thread lift is used to contour and revitalize one’s face, enhancing their features to become sharper and more youthful. It can also be used on one’s nose bridge to achieve a higher and more defined look.
Types of Thread Lifts available:
Korea Thread Lift
NCOG threads from Korea
- Contains PDO (polydioxanone), a synthetic absorbable material
- Continuously stimulates collagen synthesis
- Versatility of this thread is great across multiple facial applications
- Lifts one’s sagging face, saggy jowls, eyebrows, nose and adds volume
- A popular choice for a facial contour and creating of a slimmer visage
- Comprises of threads and cones
- Made from poly-l-lactic acid, a dissolvable stitch material
- Threads act as scaffolding under the surface to lift saggy tissues
- Cones hold the threads in place and stimulate collagen production
- Replaces depleted facial volume
- Longer lasting with its blend of poly-l-lactic acid and Korean surgical sutures
- Produced from poly-l-lactic acid and caprolactone, p(LA-CL)
- Caprolactone is weaved into the face tissue like tiny umbrellas
- Forms a structure that supports and lifts sagging skin
- Holds them in place for an immediate, natural-lifting effect
- Barbs stimulate collagen synthesis
- Hyaluronic acid and elastin refresh, rejuvenate and restore natural facial features
Is there any downtime and side effects?
Patients can resume their daily activities immediately after the treatment. With light bruising, that may accompany one’s injection site, and minor swelling where the thread is positioned under the skin an effect that often subsides after approximately 24 - 48 hours, or in some cases, a few days.
Is Thread Lift painful?
At Ageless Medical, our goal across all procedures is to minimize any discomfort one might experience. For thread lifts, local anesthesia will be applied to one’s skin before treatment for a full numbing of the skin.